March 20, 2023
525 W. MacPhail Road
Bel Air, MD 21014
Public Hearing on Charter Resolution 136-23 at McFaul Activities Center
Monday, March 20, 2023
The Town of Bel Air Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, March 20, 2023 at 5:30 PM to consider Charter Resolution 136-23, annexation of 304, 308 and 310 Tollgate Road plus part of 615 Baltimore Pike.
Notice of Public Hearing
Charter Resolution 136-23 A Resolution to extend the Corporate Boundaries and to designate the Zoning Classification of the Land being Annexed
In accordance with the Charter of the Town of Bel Air, Section 310, Article III, the following is a fair summary of Resolution No. 136-23, received by the Board of Town Commissioners on February 21, 2023.
Pursuant to the Local Government Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Board of Town Commissioners will meet in regular session on Monday, March 20, 2023, 5:30 p.m., at the McFaul Activity Center, Room #4, 525 W. MacPhail Road, Bel Air, MD 21014 to conduct a Public Hearing to consider Resolution No. 136-23, a Resolution annexing parcels totaling 2.6718 acres located on Tollgate Road and identified as Parcels 0019, 0659 & 0381 on Tax Map 0049 and a portion of Parcel 0250 on Tax Map 304 in the Harford County Land Records. A legal description of the property is available at the Bel Air Department of Planning. All interested persons are invited to attend and present comments at that time or provide public input via email to: email@example.com. Copies of the Resolution and online access information is available on the Town website at https://belairmd.org. The conditions of this proposed annexation are as follows:
- That the area to be annexed, and the owners of all property therein, shall be generally subject to the provisions of the Charter of the Town of Bel Air without special treatment as to rates of the municipal tax or as to municipal services and facilities.
- That the designation of the zoning classification of the land lying within the area herein described and hereby annexed shall be B3, General Business District, as described in the Development Regulations of the Town of Bel Air, Town Code, and shall be subject to all provisions and conditions of said Ordinance.
- That the property will be subject to the following conditions of annexation:
- Vehicular access to any development within the subject property be from Tollgate Road or Azalea Drive
- A landscaped buffer be provided along Silver Spring Drive and the south property line abutting existing residential properties with planting type, size and spacing to be reviewed by the Planning Commission
You may register, to speak, in advance, by filling out the Public Hearing Registration form online.