Bel Air, Maryland - March 20, 2020 - In response to the growing COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Bel Air is stepping up its efforts to protect its staff and the citizens, visitors and businesses of Bel Air.
The following measures will be taken, effective Friday, March 20:
- All meetings of Town Committees and Commissions as defined in the Charter are cancelled. The Bel Air Board of Town Commissioners will continue to meet as scheduled, until further notice.
- The Armory will be closed to the public; but will be open for use by the Red Cross for planned blood drives.
The Town is also offering the use of the Armory to the Health Department and Upper Chesapeake in the event there is a need for a satellite facility to address medical and treatment needs.
Effective Monday, March 23:
The lobbies at Town Hall and the Department of Public Works will be closed to the public.
- Persons needing to do business with the Town may call the Administrative Office at Town Hall at (410) 638-4550.
- Persons wishing to speak to the Finance Department may dial (410) 638-4555.
- Persons wanting to pay bills may mail them, place them in the drop box at the front of the Town Hall building or use our online services.
- All deliveries to Town Hall are being received in the Police Department to the rear of the building. The lobby to the Police Department will remain open to the public at all hours.
- Persons wishing to contact the Department of Public Works or Planning may dial 410 638-4546 for building permits; and (410) 638-4536 or (410) 638-4545 for all other business matters.
All State and Federal directives will be enforced by the police department regarding the gathering of crowds. Town parks will not be closed but will also be patrolled by the police department; and the law regarding public gatherings, to include in the parks, will be enforced. Given that many businesses are now closed, patrols of the businesses by the police will also be increased.
The Town of Bel Air wants everyone to know that Government will continue to operate, and all essential services provided by the Town will continue. We are asking everyone to practice social distancing, practice good hygiene, limit your travels to only those that are necessary, take advantage of the opportunities to hold your families close, and maintain a positive attitude. All of us are in this together so let us continue to work together and to be there for one another.
Contact: Patti Parker, Community & Public Relations Manager, 410-638-4550 Ext. 5539, firstname.lastname@example.org.